cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

atlassian-confluence.log shutdown closing appender

Tim
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2013

Hi,

I added a custom configuration to Logging&Profiling on our Confluence 4.3.7 instance, as suggested by Matt Ryall in CONF-28107:

After saving the new logging configuration I get this last message in atlassian-confluence.log:

2013-07-26 09:23:49,949 DEBUG [TP-Processor7] [atlassian.confluence.logging.ConfluenceHomeLogAppender] shutdown closing appender

then the logging stops entirely. Why? How can I resume the log? As it is a production system, I cannot just restart the entire server, besides that my newly added configuration will be lost after the restart.

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ryan Goodwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2013

Hi,

If you wish the logging level to persist, you should edit the log4j.properties file and restart. This will make it a permanent logging level, until you change it in the config file.

As for while the system is running, after making changes to the logger, that message is expected. You will see the new logging levels being reported to the confluence-install/logs/catalina.out.

Hope this helps!

0 votes
Philippe PEREZ October 16, 2014

Same question with Confluence 5.5.4.

No answer since once year ?

0 votes
HomeAway
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 11, 2013

Same problem, Same error msg:

How do you restart the logger without bouncing the server?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events