Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

are Space Analytics included in XML space exports?

we have 135 spaces with over 10 years of updates being migrated to a new confluence instance, will the space analytics be the same on the destination site for the migrated spaces?  We are using space xml exports/imports to consolidate the spaces into an existing instance.

1 answer

Hello @Michael Blake 

Confluence Server does not come with a native analytics solution. I, therefore, suspect that you are using an app to track and analyse Confluence usage. My recommendation would be to first clarify which app you are using (under the Confluence's "Manage apps"). 

As soon as you know the app, my recommendation would be to contact the app vendor's support, who can show you possible ways and procedures for the data migration. You can find the contact information for the support of the app in the Marketplace entry.

Best regards

Mattia

the article was published on March 22, 2021

You're right. It is included in the Data Center version. The tags here have made me wrongly assume that you are on Server.

I did not see any references to analytics data when quickly looking through an exported XML. If no one else here knows the answer, you can either do a test export and import of a space or open a ticket with Atlassian support.

I am hoping that the analytics data is calculated from the data in the database concerning creationdate, and lastmoddate.  So if that data does not change when a space is exported and imported on a new server, then all analytics should remain intact.  I should be able to find out next week when I get access to the destination test instance.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

An update on Confluence Cloud customer feedback – June 2022

Hi everyone, We’re always looking at how to improve Confluence and customer feedback plays an important role in making sure we're investing in the areas that will bring the most value to the most c...

276 views 2 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you