You are not permitted to perform this operation

Austin Yockel June 30, 2016

I'm trying to edit a page that I created, but when I click Save, it gives me "Not Permitted.  You are not permitted to perform this operation."

I'm using an LDAP synced account and am part of the confluence-administrators group.  Why am I getting this error?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2016

Hey Austin,

Please go to view mode of the page. Click on Restrictions and see if any editing restrictions are placed.

restrictions-1.PNG

If you want yourself to edit the page, Please add yourself to have editing permissions, save and then try editing the page and you can successfully save the page.

edit-restrictions.PNG

Hope this helps

Regards

Chander Inguva

0 votes
TomC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2016

Hi Austin,  As a Confluence Admin, you have access to view pages but possibly not to edit them. Check page restrictions and space permissions.  It's likely one of them (I can't recall if one or both can play a part here, but it's a quick check on your end).  I think one of them will be where the hang up is - please advise how it goes!

Austin Yockel June 30, 2016

Strangely enough, I had to add confluence-administrators to the space permissions, even though it says that group has all permissions anyway.

Thanks!

Adam Ellenbogen October 27, 2017

Thank you! I know this article is over a year old, but it just helped me after upgrading my staging site to Confluence 6.4. Strange that it needed the confluence-administrators group though.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events