X Windows paste into confluence rich text editor

anthony_bargnesi June 3, 2012

Hello,

I am running Atlassian Confluence 4.1.7 and I am not able to copy and past using the standard X-Windows approach. The approach is to highlight text with the left mouse button and then paste the text with the middle mouse button. The approach is detailed in this link.

Pasting using the middle mouse button has no effect in the Confluence rich text editor.

I have confirmed this is not a browser issue (running Chromium) and only occurs with Confluence.

Any solution or fix for this?

Thanks!

Tony Bargnesi

3 answers

0 votes
Adam Laskowski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2013

We've created a bug report for this functionality for review by our dev team. If anyone wishes to track it's progress, you can add yourself as a watcher for updates:

CONF-28441

0 votes
LuizA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 24, 2012

Hello Anthony,

In this case I would suggest you to raise a support ticket at our support.atlassian.com and so we can check better and try to reproduce the problem in a local instance, so if we can reproduce the same behaviour we can register a bug report for you at our system. This would be the best approach for your case about x window paste into Confluence's editor. I hope this helps.

Cheers,

LJ.

0 votes
Chloe Sowers June 3, 2012

Is it an issue with the source of the text? Can you paste the text into a plain text editor, and copy & paste that into Confluence? Perhaps Confluence is rejecting the rich text, but will accept plain text. Does CTRL-V work?

anthony_bargnesi June 3, 2012

It is not an issue with the text.

If I left-mouse copy an ASCII word I can middle-mouse paste into an editor like gedit without any issues. I could then copy and paste from gedit using Ctrl-C / Ctrl-V, but why should I have to do this in two steps?

I am able to middle-mouse paste into a confluence page's title without an issue. The only problem is with the rich text editor.

Can a Confluence developer verify this? Where can I post a bug on this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events