Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with Tables

Robert Rosado March 4, 2014

We have a few pages with tables, and when we sort them by the "date" field, it sorts properly. If we go to export to PDF it resorts back to the previous state. Is there a way to have it display in the sorted view when a PDF is created? The workaround is to use the "print" dialog, and select PDF.

Thank you

Robert Rosado

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2014

The PDF function generates its content from the original page, not from the view, so I think the answer is "no" -- the PDF will always reflect what is saved in the page, unaltered by user actions in the browser.

1 vote
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2020

You may also try the the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app for table export.

Export the whole table or use the live filtration (set filters on the fly in the view page mode) and get the filtered result in CSV, PDF and Word.

Live filtration in the view mode:Live 1.png

Filtering on the go:

Live 2.png

Exporting of the filtered table:

Live 3.png

0 votes
Robert Rosado March 5, 2014

Thank you

0 votes
Robert Rosado March 4, 2014

I don't see a way to sort the columns in the "edit" of the page. Looks like I have to manually make the change. Am I missing something?

Thank you for the reply as well. I appreciate the help.

Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 4, 2014

I think that's right -- there's no way to invoke the sort in the edit phase. You'd have to manually sort the table if that is possible in your case, Otherwise, I don't know of a way.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events