Working simultaneously with Office Connector

Felix Albertsmeier December 10, 2014

Hi,

I am in charge of administrating our Confluence instance and one of our users reported a problem.

He said that if he worked on a MS-Word Document with the WebDAV Launcher that every other person trying to edit the same file would get a notification that the file is being worked on already. That notification doesn't appear to be working any more.

I have never seen the notification and can't reproduce it. Also I haven't found any information on it. Does this notification exist and if yes, do you have any ideas why it is not displayed anymore?

We use Confluence 5.6.4 atm.

I hope someone can help me with that! Thanks in advance for the help!

1 answer

0 votes
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2015

Hi Felix, it is likely that the Confluence editor feature of concurrent editing which is described in this ticket was understood to be working with office documents too, which does not happen today. 

This is foreseen to be implemented sometime this year as per ticket comments. As for office documents uploaded through WebDAV, they will be versioned though not merged. 

jniewt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 5, 2015

So you intend to implement https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-8333 but NOT concurrent editing of Word/Excel documents? Additionally, the import/export feature of Confluence into Word is just too limited. I guess we will have to use SharePoint after all...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events