Windows Server Core

Steven Gaglione
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 12, 2016

Has anyone tried this?  Wondering if Server Core and Confluence App could run on this to make it lean in a VM Lab. 

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2018

In theory, this can work.  In reality, I would never try to run Confluence with anything less than 1Gb memory for the main process and 512Mb for Synchrony and even then, I'd call it a "small" server.  You then need to remember that the OS needs some space (quite a lot if you insist on Windows) and that all kind of adds up to "Start with a 4Gb machine".

0 votes
Stefan Wey
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 12, 2018

I tried it with "Azure Database for MySQL server" and "Windows 2016 Datacenter Server Core" on Azure, the Wizard was coming up and the Database Test showed successful with some changes (MySQL - Server parameters: tx_isolation). Finally i had not enough Memory as i just had an "Standard B1s (1 vcpus, 1 GB memory)" Server available.

> I think it cloud have worked, will try it later with another VM.

[atlassian-confluence-6.10.1-x64]

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2016

Tried what exactly?

Steven Gaglione
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 22, 2016

install confluence on windows server core. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events