Will an existing Confluence 4 page automatically use the best page layout if it has section / columns already?

Michael Roff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2012

For an existing page that uses sections and columns, is there a way for the page layout appropriate for the page to be selected automatically without having to edit each individual page and set the page layout type to be used?

2 answers

0 votes
Michael Roff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2012

From what I have seen, there are no assumptions made to convert a section macro into Atlassians column layout.

I probably prefer this option as no doubt regardless how good the assumption process, mistakes are bound to be made and therefore, I prefer to retain the section / column macros even though they are harder to work with.

Anyway, that's what I have seen through out my testing.

0 votes
Rachel Dunlop September 12, 2012

I would also like to know the answer as I just tested a page from an older version which had a fairly elaborate section/column setup. Initially it did not have any Layout at all and when I selected the most appropriate one (3 column) it just lumped all the page content into the first column, even though there were 3 distinct 'section' macros to simulate these columns. >.<

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events