Widget formatting? Currently macros line up serially, I want them side-by-side.

Cynthia Baute March 14, 2013

Hi, I know this is probably a VERY basic and silly question, but I cannot find the answer ANYWHERE in the documentation and I've been going in loops through the pages in the current documentation literally for hours.

I have two widgets on my page that I added using the Widget Connector macro. Currently they show up one above the other on the published page (photos from Flikr and the weather). I want them to show up side by side. What they are showing is definitely small enough to do so.

Please, can anyone tell me how to format these to show up in the same row versus one above the other?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kay Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2013

Use the columns macro and place each widget in a separate column.

Regards,

Kay

Cynthia Baute March 15, 2013

Wow- thank you! I am trying to rapidly learn about wiki markup, etc., and had just found the nested macro info, but couldn't put it all together. I have been trying to figure this out for about 4 hours, I *knew* it had to be dead simple, but I couldn't get it. Took me about ~3 minutes to get exactly what I wanted (which includes figuring out that I needed to nest the columns in the section macro first). Thank you so much.

0 votes
Raj Karan January 9, 2014

Hi Cynthia,

I wanna know how you added the weather widget. I am working on Confluence 5.4 and didn't find any add-on fro this prupose.

Please let me know How did you achieved that.

Thanks

Raj

0 votes
Kay Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2013

You are welcome! I am happy to help.

Kay

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events