Why isn't the Media Macro able to find the audio file attached to the page?

Sami Moran October 28, 2012

Hi, there.

I'm trying to use the Media macro to embed an audio recording on a Confluence page and am getting the following error message:

Error rendering macro 'multimedia': com.atlassian.renderer.v2.macro.MacroException: Cannot find attachment 'filename.MP3'

The file is attached directly to the page. I thought that perhaps Confluence just wasn't recognizing that the file is there, so I tested it by creating a link to the attachment. The link works: it opens a new tab and the file plays (eventually).

Am I doing something wrong? What would cause the Media macro to be unable to find a file that is directly attached?

Thanks!

Sami Moran

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2012

The multimedia macro seems to have trouble with spaces in a filename.

Sami Moran October 29, 2012

Removed the spaces in the file name, and this fixed it.

Thank you!

Jonathan Rivas April 14, 2014

Any other ideas? Even with no spaces I still get an error. I can actually find the the media when i originally use the multimedia macro (if I use a !). However, once I go in and try to edit the macro to adjust size the file can no longer be found.

Even though it is clearly attached to the page.

Like danielwong1 likes this
Erin Brusnahan August 16, 2016

For what it's worth, I'm having that same issue – that once I try to edit the macro for adjusting size, the file can no longer be found. Reverting to an earlier version of the page restored the macro's ability to display the file, but it's obviously not an ideal solution.

Removing the colon from the page title fixed the "cannot find attachment" nonsense, even though that bug (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-37284) is supposedly fixed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events