Why is the viewpdf macro not displaying pdfs?

Sue Hallwood July 25, 2011

When viewing pages with viewpdf macro on them the pdf is not converting. My client says the viewpdf macro was working a week ago but has stopped. I have installed the newest version but that did not fix the problem. Can I get some help with this?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sue Hallwood August 24, 2011

The PDF contains a form to fill out. I did some research and the viewpdf macro in Confluence 3.2.1. has issues with complicated PDFs that contain forms or tables. I uploaded a simple PDF and it viewed correctly. The issue is resolved in later versions of Confluence. We are in the process of ugrading our clients systems so the issue with the PDF will be resolved.

0 votes
Jim Birch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2011

Check if the PDF has changed. Try a different PDF. The viewer won't display all pdfs made by all authoring tools. If you are able to recreate or edit and resave the pdf it might fix your problem but this isn't always possible.

Sue Hallwood August 9, 2011

The PDF contains a form to fill out. I did some research and the viewpdf macro has issues with complicated PDFs containing forms or tables in Confluence 3.2.1. I uploaded a simple PDF and it viewed correctly. The issue is resolved in later versions of Confluence. We are in the process of ugrading our clients systems so the issue with the PDF will be resolved.

Sue Hallwood August 9, 2011

The PDF contains a form to fill out. I did some research and the viewpdf macro in Confluence 3.2.1. has issues with complicated PDFs that contain forms or tables. I uploaded a simple PDF and it viewed correctly. The issue is resolved in later versions of Confluence. We are in the process of ugrading our clients systems so the issue with the PDF will be resolved.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2011

Are you able to get any exceptions in the logs? And is the pdf file too big (more than 10-15 MB)?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events