Why is the viewpdf macro not displaying pdfs?

When viewing pages with viewpdf macro on them the pdf is not converting. My client says the viewpdf macro was working a week ago but has stopped. I have installed the newest version but that did not fix the problem. Can I get some help with this?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

The PDF contains a form to fill out. I did some research and the viewpdf macro in Confluence 3.2.1. has issues with complicated PDFs that contain forms or tables. I uploaded a simple PDF and it viewed correctly. The issue is resolved in later versions of Confluence. We are in the process of ugrading our clients systems so the issue with the PDF will be resolved.

Are you able to get any exceptions in the logs? And is the pdf file too big (more than 10-15 MB)?

Check if the PDF has changed. Try a different PDF. The viewer won't display all pdfs made by all authoring tools. If you are able to recreate or edit and resave the pdf it might fix your problem but this isn't always possible.

The PDF contains a form to fill out. I did some research and the viewpdf macro has issues with complicated PDFs containing forms or tables in Confluence 3.2.1. I uploaded a simple PDF and it viewed correctly. The issue is resolved in later versions of Confluence. We are in the process of ugrading our clients systems so the issue with the PDF will be resolved.

The PDF contains a form to fill out. I did some research and the viewpdf macro in Confluence 3.2.1. has issues with complicated PDFs that contain forms or tables. I uploaded a simple PDF and it viewed correctly. The issue is resolved in later versions of Confluence. We are in the process of ugrading our clients systems so the issue with the PDF will be resolved.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,088 views 17 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you