Why does only the Confluence document theme allow attachments?

Robert Matthews October 16, 2012

We are evaluating upgrades from Confluence 3.0.2 to Confluence 3.4.x in preparation to update to the latest Confluence version.

A sandbox is being used to contain the 3.4 test instance. A copy of the 3.0.2 database and associated attachments have been copied to the test instance.

Login, contents, and plugins appear to be available in the 3.4 instance. However, only one theme (Document) allows functionality for the insert image and macros selections during a page edit. Both Default (which is custom) and the Reader themes do not allow the menus to load when selected from an edit session of a page. Both the select image AND the macro browser fail to correctly load.

Your assistance is appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
LuizA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2012

Hi there,

This kind of error is a little weird, but maybe can be related with some customization, could you please check the following points and see if some customization can be affecting here:

- Confluence Admin > Look and Feel and verify the following:

* Themes: See which theme you're using, switch back to the default if you're not using it already.
* Layouts: See if you have any custom layout defined, if yes then make a backup and reset to default.
* Stylesheet: See if you have custom stylesheet, if yes then make a backup and reset to default.
* Custom HTML: See if you have any custom HTML defined, if yes then reset to default.

If this approach doesn't work, I would suggest you to raise a support ticket at support.atlassian.com and so we can perform a better investigation and find the root cause of this problem.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

LJ

Robert Matthews October 16, 2012

Thank you. Now I will attempt to re-add the removed customizations to find the one that "broke" the templates. In addition I did have to disable the iPhone Plugin to clear the custom html entries. My sandbox is now working again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events