Why does attached audio file take so long to load with Firefox?

Sami Moran October 28, 2012

Hi!

I attached an mp3 file to a Confluence 4.0x page and created a link to the attachment.

Using Safari, the attachment loads and plays within a few seconds. With Firefox, it takes more than 3 minutes. Perhaps the problem isn't Confluence, but I play audio files in Firefox frequently. I'm only seeing the problem when the file is coming through Confluence.

Any idea what's going on? Or do we just have to tell our users to use a different browser? :-(

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
AlysonA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2012

Hi Sami,

Can you confirm which Firefox version you're using? According to the Supported Platforms for 4.0 page only the 3.6, 4.0, 5.0 and 6.0 versions have been tested with Confluence, this might be related.

If the above is not the case, you might want to look at your atlassian-confluence.log located under <confluence-home>/logs directory. It may provide some clue here.

Cheers

Sami Moran October 29, 2012

Hi, Alyson.

Thanks for the information. Here's the relevant excerpt from Supported Platforms for 4.0 page you pointed to:

Mozilla Firefox (all platforms)

(tick) Latest stable version supported
(tick) Tested with 3.6, 4.0, 5.0, 6.0 <sup>(6</sup><sup>)</sup>

I'm using Firefox 16.0.4, which is the most recent version. I imagine Firefox 6.0 would be several years out of date. :-)

I'll go look at the logs and see if there are any clues.

Thanks again!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events