Why can't jira-users seem to browse my confluence spaces even though I granted them all the same perms as confluence-users?

stephan stachurski October 15, 2014

I'm trying JIRA and confluence, both for the first time. I'm trying to get confluence to use the JIRA user db, which seems to be working fine.

New JIRA users can't seem to browse some of the confluence spaces I first set up. If I add them to the confluence-users group, they can see the spaces.

I want a way for new users to automatically be able to see these spaces, so in confluence admin, space permissions, I gave jira-users all the same permissions as confluence-users.

In theory, jira-users should be able to browse confluence spaces just like they're in the confluence-users group right? If that's correct, then I think I have things configured correctly but it's not working as expected, and I'm not sure what to do.

1 answer

2 votes
Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2014

Hey Stephan,

Can you confirm to us if you added your JIRA into your Confluence as the JIRA directory as per below documentation?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Connecting+to+Crowd+or+JIRA+for+User+Management

I just want to confirm that before asking more questions because the scenario you described usually happens when you have the same set of users without having a JIRA directory set in Confluence.

Tks,

David

stephan stachurski October 15, 2014

I think I have done this. In JIRA > User Management > JIRA User Server under Configure Other Applications I see Confluence -- confluence.mydomain.com - a hash or something, and the IP address of my confluence server. Then in Confluence, under Admin > User Directories, the first directory listed is Remote JIRA directory. If I test the connection I see these results: Test basic connection : Succeeded Test retrieve user : Succeeded Test user rename is configured and tracked : The Unique ID Attribute has been left blank. We recommend you set this to the attribute for the UUID of the user. Test get user's memberships : Succeeded, 3 groups retrieved Test retrieve group : Succeeded Test get group members : Succeeded, 1 users retrieved Test user can authenticate : Succeeded

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events