Why can't I use my new 'swift run' plugin in Confluence, or find it in the macro browser?

pezjoker November 15, 2012

I am assuming I am missing something obvious ...

I purchased and installed the 10 user license for the Run Plugin for Confluence to use with my 10 user downloaded instance of Confluence. I entered the license and the plugin indicates it is both enabled and valid.

When i go into a page and attempt to bring the macro up by typing {run ... i get the option to go to the macro browser (ie it doesn't recognize {run ) and once in the macro browser, i do not see the macro anywhere.

What am i missing here? The documentation doesn't seem to have any answers related to getting started, so i'm at a complete loss here.

I am using Confluence version 4.3.1 and version 3.0.0 of the run plugin. I do not have the macro security plugin installed, and for the most part, my Confluence instance is running in the out-of-the-box state and i have done very little in the way of configuration or changes of any sort.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Tim
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2012

Well, this plugin is just not integrated in the macro browser. In order to use it, you need to edit the page and select "insert Wiki-Markup". Paste your run macro code in the popup, for example this:

{run:replace=name:$current_user_name:Name,happy:Yes:Are you happy?:radio::Yes::No|titleRun=Update page}

[mypage - $name] page updated.

{run}

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2012

Correct and RUN-76 will be available soon as well.

pezjoker November 15, 2012

thanks... i would consider that 'missing something obvious' pretty much, right? :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events