• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why can't I delete my own attachments in Confluence, by default? Edited

Has there been any movement on allowing users to delete their own attachments?

There is a bug here.  I am one of our Confluence Administrators; and I have been granted the Privilege to Delete Attachments.

However, Delete link does not appear next to an Attachment - not even for an Attachment that I myself created.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Admin rights do not grant you space rights automatically (but they do give you space admin rights so you can add them). 

The defaults in Confluence are cautious, if you need to delete attachments (or in fact anything else in a space), you need to change the space settings away from the default of "no delete"

Confluence does not have the concept of "my attachments" though - it's all the attachments in the space or none.

Hello Nic,

Within the relevant Team Space, on the View Space Settings Page > Permissions Tab > Individual Permissions Section > Under My Username:

All of the Permissions have been granted and appear with Green Checkmarks.  What more needs to be done?

Thanks,
Chris

Hello again Nic,

The confusion turned out to be due to more than one, similarly named Team Space being involved.  This is a separate question; but is it possible to move one Team Space under another - either that or to have one Project be a sub-project of another?

Thanks,
Chris

No, there's no nesting of spaces or projects.  The best you can do is move one set of pages from one space to another.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What do you think is the most *delightful* Confluence feature? Comment for a prize!

- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...

494 views 24 9
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you