Why are Confluence table grid lines randomly not showing up?

Mallory H January 20, 2016

Grid lines on Confluence tables are randomly not showing up (within a single table).

gridlines_missing.PNG

When I delete or copy or paste the row, sometimes the missing gridlines stay with that row, and other times that particular data will get its gridlines back but they will go missing from some other row. What is the deal?  Thanks for any help!

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2016

Try increasing the text size showing in your browser (Zoom in).

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2016

Are you guys using the Internet Explorer? I can't remember when, but I did encounter this behavior before (in JIRA) and it was related to an IE bug.

Cheers

Attila Gaspar [META-INF] January 21, 2016

Sometimes it can occur in Chrome too

BR: Attila

0 votes

Thanks! We have tried copying and pasting the rows and cutting the rows, which hasn't helped, and modifying screen settings. It appears to be happening to everyone when viewing tables on Confluence pages.

Everyone using our instance using a variety of devices -laptops, mobile, big monitors, etc.

0 votes
RVal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2016

Hi Mallory,

Try to use buttons at the top of the editor to add/delete table rows/columns and then copy/paste text cell by cell. I don't think copy/pasting the whole row or column is possible

The table editor buttons look like the below picture 

image2016-1-20 16:37:26.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events