Where is the checkmark to set a space to private?

John Tabet October 24, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Setting Up your Personal Space

The article in question mentions that when a user creates a personal space, there is a dialog that prompts the user to set it to private. However, when I tested this on a local instance of confluence (5.8.16), I am not presented with this option - just a fluff page that tells me about creating a personal space. Is the splash page that allows me to create a private personal space something that needs to be enabled in the administrative options? 

2 answers

0 votes
John Tabet October 24, 2016

Yeah, I was just looking for a way that's a little less technical for end-users to be able to mark their space as private without having to dig into permissions. If that prompt is available, I'd like to be able to use it. But, if not, I can direct users to instructions about changing permissions for a space. 

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2016

Maybe someone has the answer to your exact question, but in the meantime, everyone that creates a Personal Space is automatically the space administrator and can then go into the space permissions and deselect View access for the default groups.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events