Where has Color Text Macro gone 4.0?!

simon roberts December 20, 2011

Confluence 3.5 has this macro http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF35/Color+Text+Macro

Confluence 4.0 does not, so I cannot copy my existing wiki markup {color:blue}blue{color} and paste it in the template form. So how can you set colors when creating a template?

Thanks

Simon

4 answers

0 votes
Ken Bour April 9, 2012

Added this content above and tried to delete, but could not...

Ken

0 votes
Ken Bour April 9, 2012

The {hidden-data} macro is from CustomWare (http://wiki.customware.net/repository/display/AtlassianPlugins/hidden-data) and is part of its Scaffolding template. It "hides its contents when the page is being viewed, but allows it to be modified when editing."

I tried putting a {color:darkgreen} macro outside of {hidden-data} and it still does not work from a template.

If I insert a {color} macro as Wiki Markup on a standard page (other than a template), it works fine. I just noticed that inserting "darkgreen" seems to be problematic. It will work under Preview mode on a regular page; but, once the page is saved, the color returns to black. I tried {color:green} and that one remains permanent.

I then tried using "green" (vs. "darkgreen") using my above code and it still does not work. All text is rendered in black.

After further testing, it appears that the {color} macro does work correctly in a template, but what it won't do is change the color of a {text-data} entry -- another Scaffolding macro by CustomWare.

This may be a problem with {text-data} and not with Confluence. I will refer to CustomWare...

Ken

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2012

Yeah, it does sound like the text-data macro has some hard-coded styling in that case.

0 votes
Ken Bour April 4, 2012

Sorry to hijack this thread, but does the {color} macro work in a table under Confluence 4.1.x? For example, I have this Global Template macro coding which rendered perfectly in Confluence v3.5.9; however, the text comes out in plain black:

{hidden-data:whenEmpty=CEXTENSION}
h3. {color:maroon}{*}EXTENSION{*}{color}
|| Extension (Yes or Blank): | {color:darkgreen}{text-data:CEXTENSION|width=25px}{text-data}{color} |
|| New Close Date: | {color:darkgreen}{text-data:CEXTDATE|width=200px}{text-data}{color} |
|| New Close Time: | {color:darkgreen}{text-data:CEXTTIME|width=200px}{text-data}{color} |
{hidden-data}

The color macro seems to work fine as Wiki Markup when inserted on a regular page.

Ken

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2012

What's the hidden-data macro? Could it be interfering with the colour scheme? Do you get the same behaviour if you remove this macro from the content?

0 votes
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
December 20, 2011

The new Confluence editor in 4.0 uses a color formatting menu in the editor toolbar.

If you want to copy and paste existing wiki markup into the new Confluence editor, use the Insert Wiki Markup dialog (see http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Confluence+Wiki+Markup)

Thanks Joseph

The problem is there's no {color} macro in 4.0. So when i try to create a template http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Adding+a+Template using the markup {color} does not work. Atlassian needs to add this macro to 4.0!

Search the link you provided for color and you;ll seereference to {color} macro under text effects, but its not in v4.0

Please adise.

Thanks

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
December 20, 2011

It works for me! am I not understanding your template scenario correctly?

mmm, i will re-look tomorrow when i have access to confluence. What version are you running, 4.1? is there an aditional plugin i have missed for this macro? thats the exact senario. cheers

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
December 20, 2011

This is running vanilla Confluence 4.0.... maybe check your Plugin console and make sure there's no system plugins which have been inadvertently disabled?

I cant seem to attach screen shot.

i enter this:

{color:#ff0000}<Update>{color}

{color:#ff0000}Enter Name{color}

h3. Created By -

h3. Created By - {color:#ff0000}Enter Name{color}

and get this

<Update>

Enter Name

Created By -

Enter Name">Created By - Enter Name

so the last entry is not rendering properly its adding Enter Name"> , what am i doing wrong?

Thanks

Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2011

Hi Simon,

I don't think you're doing anything wrong. I just tried your code and got the same behaviour as you when previewing the template, but if I just saved the template anyway and then created a page from it the resulting page was fine.

Looks like a bug in the template preview code?

Andrew.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events