Where can the permalink be accessed for comments?

Chris Riley August 31, 2017

Used to be able to get the permalink code for a comment by clicking on a button on the comment block. I don't see it in Confluence 6.x. Is it gone? Is there now no way to find the permalink for a comment in this version?

Much thanks,

Chris

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2017

Hi Chris,

Are you referring to the permalink URL that will get you straight to a comment that has been made on a Confluence post?

Generally, the part below the comment which mentions the date or relative time that the comment was posted will be linked to the permalink for that comment.

Can you confirm if that's what you're looking for or if there's something else you require?

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Chris Riley September 7, 2017

You are correct, Shannon! I found the spot. Thank you.

Chris

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2017

Chris, 

Happy to assist you. :) 

Take care and Kind Regards,
Shannon

Ravi Varma
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2019

Thanks @Shannon S . This was useful

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 4, 2019

Hi Ravi,

Thank you for the feedback! I'm happy that I was able to help more than just the original poster. :) 

Take care, and have a pleasant rest of your week.

Regards,
Shannon

Ravi Varma
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2019

@Shannon S , Ideally the team should somehow use  Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 10.00.10 PM.png which would be intuitive rather than clicking on the date link. In JIRA it is more intuitive and we should retain that across other products as well. 

Can you take our inputs on this?

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 5, 2019

Hello Ravi,

Thank you for clarifying the confusion. It does make a lot of sense, and honestly, the only reason I thought to click on the date is because I noticed that same behavior from other apps such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.

You can submit any feedback about our products via jira.atlassian.com. Let me know if you have any trouble with that!

Regards,

Shannon

Ravi Varma
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 5, 2019

Hi @Shannon S ,

I have created CONFCLOUD-66077  based on your suggestion.

Regards,

Ravi Varma

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 8, 2019

Good morning, Ravi,

It looks great! Thank you for sharing that here. Hopefully if other users see the feature from this thread they'll be able to vote on it and we can increase the visibility on your request!

Take care, and have a pleasant week.

Regards,

Shannon

Like Ravi Varma likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events