Where are the restricted groups in use?

Rumceisz July 2, 2012

Hi All,

we have a common Jira- Confluence user management in our company. Because of this we use only groups for granting permissions for users in both applications.

Now as an admin I handle up to 200 spaces in Confluence and about 800 groups for granting permissions on the spaces/projects.

Our problem is that there are more and more groups in Confluence which serve page restriction purposes and when a space admin submits a user access ticket that we add the user to a restriction group, it is very cumbersome to find out on which space is the particular restriction group. I mean that there is not enough to add the user to a restriction group unless ading him/her to a space group.

So I need a user macro which lists all the restriction groups (which don't grant space permission) with the space names is working on. Or the reverse would be as arbitrary: listing all the spaces of the Confluence instance and listing the restriction group below each space.

Can it be done such a feature?

Thanks in advance!

Rumi

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2012

Confluence Command Line Interface getSpacePermissionList might help. Put the results on a Confluence page with Confluence CLI Plugin

Rumceisz July 2, 2012

Hi Bob,

thank you!

Is there a macro maybe too?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2012

cli macro in Confluence CLI Plugin

Rumceisz July 3, 2012

I mean a solution without installing a plugin.

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 4, 2012

Attach the output of the CLI or script converting the output into page content formatted the way you want.

David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 5, 2012

Confluence CLI is always a help :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events