When searching in Confluence, if the result is an attachment and one clicks on it, does not open.

Theresa Reynolds May 28, 2019

When searching in Confluence, if the result is an attachment (such as a PDF), if one clicks on the search result link, the URL takes you to the Confluence page where the attachment is attached.  As opposed to the search result link being the URL to the attachment itself. 

Confluence previously would open the attachment.  The last few months, that link now takes one to the page where the attachment is linked.  This makes it nearly impossible to search for attachments as they are very difficult to impossible to find within the linked Confluence page.

Change the behavior of Confluence on search results back to how it previously worked.  If a confluence search result is of an attachment, clicking on the search result link should go to the URL of the attachment document itself. 

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 3, 2019

Hello Theresa,

Thank you for letting us know about this. I'd love to help you find out why this is happening to you.

I just tested this myself on Confluence 6.15.4. If I search and find my PDF, I click on that first result, and it opens up the PDF preview:

Screenshot 2019-06-03 at 13.19.11.png

Can you let me know if I understood your issue correctly, as I am not able to replicate the same behavior you are experiencing. It will also be helpful if you can confirm with me your Confluence version, as well as which browsers you are able to replicate this in.

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Shannon

Stacy Gosman May 13, 2021

I am experiencing the same problem currently. I haven't changed any settings but the attachment no longer opens as described above.

I am using Chrome and we are using the online version.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events