When implementing retention rules for the first time, might pages be deleted, or versions only?

Khloe Salmon August 8, 2022

Hi all,

I'm looking for a bit of advice and help!

We've had Confluence for around 12 years, however in that time there has not been any retention rules set up ( ! ), so I'm looking to get this sorted.

One scenario / question: If we set retention rules to 3 years, but a page was last edited 4 years ago, does that mean the page will be deleted? Or, will the page remain but it will have no past versions?

Has anyone else implemented the retention rules after a long period, and have any learnings to share?!

Many thanks

Khloe

1 answer

0 votes
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2022

Hi @Khloe Salmon, although I haven't explored it much, pages and attachments' latest versions won't get deleted, only the history. You might have checked it by now, but I'll leave the link to the documentation as a reference.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/set-retention-rules-to-delete-unwanted-data-1108681072.html

Khloe Salmon August 9, 2022

Thanks Ivan, I had missed the bit that states the latest version is never deleted!

Like Ivan Lima likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events