Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

When implementing retention rules for the first time, might pages be deleted, or versions only?

Hi all,

I'm looking for a bit of advice and help!

We've had Confluence for around 12 years, however in that time there has not been any retention rules set up ( ! ), so I'm looking to get this sorted.

One scenario / question: If we set retention rules to 3 years, but a page was last edited 4 years ago, does that mean the page will be deleted? Or, will the page remain but it will have no past versions?

Has anyone else implemented the retention rules after a long period, and have any learnings to share?!

Many thanks

Khloe

1 answer

0 votes
Ivan Lima Community Leader Aug 08, 2022

Hi @Khloe Salmon, although I haven't explored it much, pages and attachments' latest versions won't get deleted, only the history. You might have checked it by now, but I'll leave the link to the documentation as a reference.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/set-retention-rules-to-delete-unwanted-data-1108681072.html

Thanks Ivan, I had missed the bit that states the latest version is never deleted!

Like Ivan Lima likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Watch 4 Confluence apps compete for Best App Demo in September's Appy Hours

Calling all collaborators! Appy Hours on the Atlassian Community is a monthly event where 4 Partner and app vendor presenters go head-to-head with 5-minute demos for the title of Best App Demo. I...

598 views 0 13
Read article

Atlassian Community Events