Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When bulleted lists are published in a blog, text begins on the next line after the bullet

Deleted user October 17, 2017

I've checked the XML source, and <ul> and <li> are formatted exactly as you'd expect. However, when the blog containing the bulleted list is published, instead of this:

• a;sldkfja;lsdkfj
  • asd;lfka;lsdfja;lsdfj
  • as;ldfkja;lsdkfja

... we see this:

• a;sldkfja;lsdkfj

• asd;lfka;lsdfja;lsdfj

• as;ldfkja;lsdkfja

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2017

Welcome to the Atlassian Community online forum, Freda.

I tested bulleted lists on blog posts in Confluence Server 6.x and Confluence Cloud. I could not reproduce the issue.

I found a few bugs referencing bullets in Confluence but did not find a match for what you are experiencing.

Please let me know:

• What version of Confluence you are seeing this behavior in.
  • How you are inserting the bullets (for example, using the * or selecting the text and choosing bulleted list from the format menu, or pasting from a Word doc)

I look forward to hearing more about the issue.

Deleted user October 18, 2017

We're using Confluence Server 6.2.4. 

Bulleted items are being typed in from scratch, and the bulleted paragraph style applied. 

This only seems to be happening in this blog. I haven't seen it in any of the normal wiki pages.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2017

I tested bullets in a blog post on Confluence 6.2.4 and the bullets were published as expected, not as in your example.

• I understand you tested on some normal wiki pages and the bullets work. Does the blog post's space have any customizations?
  • Are blog posts publishing as expected in other spaces?
  • If you create a new blog post in the same space, do the bullets publish above the text lines as in your description?

I would like to locally restore the storage format of the page where you are seeing the issue with the bullets.

Please:

1. Click on the ellipsis (…) in the top right-hand corner of the published blog, and select View Storage Format from the dropdown.
  2. Copy the storage format and paste it into a reply on this forum - add Formats>Code block to the storage format using the forum editor's Formats pulldown.

I look forward to examining the storage format from the affected page.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events