What's the simplest way to create a test Confluence with users and data from an existing installatio

Steinar Bang
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2017

I'm in the process of transferring an existing Confluence installation to having its users managed by crowd.

As a part of that job I would like to have a test system that has the users and groups from the original Confluence with one or two exported spaces from the original Confluence, so that I can test that I'm able to keep the ownership to the pages when I move to crowd.

What's the simplest way of creating such a test installation?  Or isn't it possible?

A full backup of the existing Confluence requires more disk space than I have access to, both when creating the backup and when restoring.

(My first attempt at creating a Confluence test system failed, see Got "Set up step error" after going back a step )

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2017

Hi Steinar,

The method we recommend is found at Restoring a Test Instance from Production. Is this the method you followed?

I will ask you some more questions on your 2nd post.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events