What's the best way to send a link to a page in email?

Prior to the UI change, I could copy the page title and paste it into an email. It was sweet. I looked good.

Image 002.pngImage 003.png

Now the page title is no longer a link to itself, which I get is reduant, but it was also convenient.

Image 001.png

Sure, I can copy/paste or type the name of the page into my email and then copy the URL of the page and then turn the text in my email into a hyperlink to that URL. Dandy, but more time. Is there an easier way in the new UI? 

2 answers

There is no native way to do this in the confluence application.

Here is a way to do what you are looking for:

1. Copy the required link

2. Paste it into the left panel in the href="" value on this link.

3. Click Run >>

4. Copy the right output

5. Paste output to mail

It's a few more clicks then before, but did you try the "Share" button? It gives you a shortened url.

share.png

Interesting thought, but regardless of how long the URL is, it's still a URL rather than hyperlinked text. Thanks for the suggestion. Is there a Confluence enhancement request space/jira out there with +1 voting where I can log this?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

345 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you