What people are searching for in confluence?

ofer rozenberg October 24, 2021

Hi 

I am using Server Version and we are upgrading soon to DC.

We are in the process of improving our services to our internal users and we would like to understand what our employees are searching for in confluence?

in other words we want to get a list of search terms and analyze this data.

any suggestion how to do it?

2 answers

3 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2021
Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2021

Hi all

I am Niklas, Head of Customer Success at bitvoodoo.

Ollie already pointed you to Search Analytics for Confluence and Viewtracker - Analytics for Confluence. Thank you Ollie.

Search Analytics does exactly what you describe. It tracks all search requests users do in the Confluence Search, it also tracks the hits and searches with no search results. You will find these tracking results in a list in the administration of the app.

Search Analytics comes bundled with Search Analystics and contains many other Analytics tools.

Cheers
Niklas 

Like Kishan Sharma likes this
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2021

I would suggest the same - ie "Search Analytics for Confluence"

Sheila L August 29, 2023

@Sloan N_ B_, do you have a web page that describes the features of Search Analytics, not just a download page?

Sheila L September 8, 2023

@Kishan Sharma do you know of any documentation for the Search Analytics plug-in? I Googled and didn't find a single bit of information about it...only the download page.

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2023

Hi @Sheila L 

Looks like the vendor have decided to discontinue Search Analytics for Confluence as a singular app by February 2023 hence the app is not available via Atlassian Marketplace anymore.

However, the data from Search Analytics is fully included in their flagship app Viewtracker - Analytics for Confluence.

Here's the documentation link. Hope this helps.

Like # people like this
Sheila L September 12, 2023

Thanks.

0 votes
Carlos Ruiz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 14, 2022

We also use  "Search Analytics for Confluence," but it was one limitation. It does not provide a filter to see the searches performed in a Space Level. However, it does have a space filter for the analytics side...

Long story short, if all your employees use only one space or multiple shared spaces this is your tool; if you need to break it down by space like in our case, you will need to find other options as we are.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events