What is the maximum size of attachment the confluence supported? And which formart of attachment is supported to upload?

wendy shen August 13, 2012

My company is using the confluence to manage our project docs. Right now we are going to upload some video files recorded by Webex (the file extensions is '.arf'). and i had tried for few times, seems the confluence doesn't support to upload the .arf file. Here are my two questions:

1. Is there anyone could list all formats the confluence supported for uploaded the attachment?

2. What is the maximum size of an individual attchment is allowed to upload?

BTW, if there is any contact info about online chating with the Confluence after-sales person you can let me know, that will be great!

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Henning Köhler August 13, 2012

Maximum Attachment size can be configured in the Administrator Settings | General Settings | Maximum Attachment Size in Bytes. We increased it, to upload videos, too.

I think all file types can be uploaded, but the View Makros only support certain types, like office formats, and restricted imaged formats. Videos made with an iPhone are also shown in the Multimedia view.

Hint: Attach your file first. Then type ! in the editor: a list pops up. If you can see your Attachment, then there is a preview function for it.

Atlassian offers excellent Online Support for questions and problems, they are really quick to answer to questions, here is the contact. One has to register once, and then enter one own SEN (Service Entitelment Number) every time one creates a ticket:

https://support.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

They also call back and one can make Screen Share Sessions if required.

wendy shen August 13, 2012

Thank you, Henning.

My questions are closed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events