What is the frequency that Confluence updates it's database for page view/edits?

I'm comparing the results using the Popular macro on space x to the results from an analytic system looking at the same space. Both come very close to the top five page views (order of most hits) but the the counts are off between 3-8%. I'm thinking the analytic system looks at the database at the very moment it's run while either the popular macro or Confluence itself doesn't update the stats that frequently.

1 answer

Hi Bimmel,

Popular macro and Confluence actually look into Confluence index to compose the result. Index should run every 30 seconds, and it could be modified in scheduled jobs menu.

If the issue persist, you might have an issue with your Confluence indexing. For a start, you might want to disable attachment indexing and rebuild the indices from scratch.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

Thanks Septa. I'll take a look at that.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Friday in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

325 views 15 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you