Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the expected behavior of the Confluence Workbox for watched pages?

Craig Day October 2, 2017

I was expecting notifications of edits to pages that I watch to show up in my "Workbox" in Confluence.

This does not happen. I see all of my JIRA updates in the workbox (we have it linked to JIRA) and I also see our Comala Workflow updates (the in-app notifications for Comala are enabled).

But for a basic page edit or comment I get nothing. Nor do any other users. 

Email notifications are working fine, but they are unwanted by many or many just have them go into a Confluence folder in their inbox never to be seen. 

Confluence Server 6.1.3

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2017

Hi Nick,

The Workbox should show notifications related to shares, comments, mentions, and likes. It does not share with you if someone edits a page. The email notifications are the ones that will share that information.

Please note also it will NOT show notifications if you are watching the space, only the specific page.

Can you let me know if you're not receiving any notifications in the Workbox for single pages you are watching?

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Craig Day October 4, 2017

Ah ok. I was thinking that page edits would show up in the Workbox. But now that I think about it I guess that would be fairly unmanageable. 

Thanks!

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 5, 2017

No worries, Nick!

Take care, and Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events