Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the default time frame of Popular tab in confluence

SUNIL SABALE December 11, 2017

image.png

What is the default time frame of Popular tab shown above.

I am not able to get older popular updates after upgrade.

I restored database from production server on 26th Sept 2017.

Today is 11 Dec.  Im able to get popular updates for changes Im doing recently.  I lost the older updates before 26th sept.

Is there any time frame for the Popular tab content?

Thanks,

Sunil

1 answer

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2017

Hi Sunil,

The content from the Popular tab is updated whenever indexing is run on Confluence. This generally happens automatically.

However, seeing as you just did a restore of the database, I would recommend rebuilding the index from scratch:

How to rebuild the content indexes from scratch on Confluence Server

I would recommend doing this during maintenance hours since it can take some time depending on the size of your instance.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Regards,

Shannon

SUNIL SABALE December 12, 2017

I  Shanon.

I already tried with Scratch index, still it did not show me anything in popular tab.

Then I read in below link that it shows history of just 1 week from current day.

https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/USGTRK/overview

Is it default behaviour

SUNIL SABALE December 12, 2017

So what I did, I tried to change date on Confluence server to the old date near to the backup done.

And it showed me the popular data

Regards,

Sunil

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 14, 2017

Hi Sunil,

The page you sent is actually for Usage Tracking Plugin which includes a copy of a macro for popular content, but this isn't the same as the Popular Tab on the sidebar.

However, it does appear that they do indeed use the same time frame for default. I've been able to confirm this on my personal instance.

I've created a feature request below as this time frame appears to be un-editable:

As for the change you made, I would not recommend leaving it that way as you will be unable to see Popular Content Updates going forward for the current week. It will always be one week off.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events