Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way to update the same table data across multiple Confluence pages?

Wesley Aldridge January 8, 2021

Say I have page A which has a table on it, table A. Can I reference data from table B from page B within my table A on page A?

The reason I want to do this is that my team has hundreds of Confluence pages, and some of these pages reference the same data, and any time that data changes, it has to be updated across many different pages. I want a way that I can just make the update ONE TIME and it will reflect on ALL of the pages simultaneously without having to keep track of which pages the data was referenced on, and making sure they are all exactly the same across all of these different pages.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about and have a good solution for this?

2 answers

2 votes
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2021

Hi @Wesley Aldridge ,

You may use the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app and its Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros that can help you to reuse your Confluence tables so that you'll need to update only the source table.

You may also check our recent blog post where we show step-by-step how to aggregate and reuse data from multiple Confluence tables. Maybe it will come in handy for you.

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2021

Hi @Wesley Aldridge ...There's a macro built into confluence that you can include that page into your other pages as a main source of truth or a section. 

Look at the include page or the excerpt macro. This should point you to the right direction.

Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events