Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best method of generating a dynamic organisation chart from LDAP data?

Ben Chung July 6, 2017

I don't want to draw something myself that requires manual updating but something that is synced to AD.

I have come across:

But it's not clear the first two will provide a chart or the third is still available.

I would have thought that this sort of functionality would be relatively popular/in demand.

Does anyone have any good ideas? 

Thx

1 answer

1 vote
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 10, 2017

User Profiles for Confluence does have an org chart macro: Macros “Organization Chart” (v 2.0). It may be worth installing it as a trial in your test environment to see if it suits your use case.

Ben Chung July 10, 2017

Thanks so much, especially for linking to the doc, so I can confirm the supposed output.

This looks perfect for my usecase!

Cheers

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2018

We use User Profile for Confluence in our environment and it works well. The key is setting up the direct report relationships in Active Directory. I believe the field in AD is manager.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events