What are those RB Storage, RB Filtering, RB Support Plugins in Confluence 4.1?

After upgrading from 3.5.13 to 4.1 i have a bunch of User installed Plugins with the name "RB - Filtering, RB - Support, RB - xyz".

What are those plugins, do i need them? Can i safely deactivate them?

2 answers

1 accepted

Hi there. If you're using the reporting plugin, you need them all. They are all share libraries that several of our plugins will use. The used to get duplicated inside every plugin, but now we can share them, hopefully reducing the overall memory footprint of the plugins. Short answer is, yes, you probably need them, unless you uninstall Reporting.

Thanks David, that's potentially saved Thomas a few screaming users, and I've made notes for an install here that uses the reporting too.

Thanks! Great Info!

0 vote

These? https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/details/878843

Yes, you can disable them, if you're not using them.

Yes, that's quite difficult, if you can't tell why they were installed! I think that's the right approach - turn them off (rather than remove, for now) and see if anyoen breaks anything. I'd also look through the plugin list after switching them off - if there are dependencies, then they should start telling you that they need them.

I do not know actually if i am using them, because they were installed automatically after upgrading to confluence 4.1. As it seems they are from Customware, so i think another Customware Plugin we are using, installed all the RB-* Plugins automatically?

I will try do deactivate and wait if someone complains something not working. :D

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Confluence

Three common content challenges + how to manage them

An efficient enterprise content management system, or ECM, is a must-have for companies that create work online (cough   cough, all companies). If content calendars, marketing plans, and bu...

63 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you