What are those RB Storage, RB Filtering, RB Support Plugins in Confluence 4.1?

Thomas Fritz February 2, 2012

After upgrading from 3.5.13 to 4.1 i have a bunch of User installed Plugins with the name "RB - Filtering, RB - Support, RB - xyz".

What are those plugins, do i need them? Can i safely deactivate them?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
David Peterson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2012
Hi there. If you're using the reporting plugin, you need them all. They are all share libraries that several of our plugins will use. The used to get duplicated inside every plugin, but now we can share them, hopefully reducing the overall memory footprint of the plugins. Short answer is, yes, you probably need them, unless you uninstall Reporting.
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2012

Thanks David, that's potentially saved Thomas a few screaming users, and I've made notes for an install here that uses the reporting too.

Thanks! Great Info!

Bhupesh Nagda May 15, 2019

hi,

Are these plugins still needed for confluence 6.15.1?

I am not even able to enable them, get unexpected error everytime, shall i uninstall them?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2012

These? https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/details/878843

Yes, you can disable them, if you're not using them.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 2, 2012

Yes, that's quite difficult, if you can't tell why they were installed! I think that's the right approach - turn them off (rather than remove, for now) and see if anyoen breaks anything. I'd also look through the plugin list after switching them off - if there are dependencies, then they should start telling you that they need them.

I do not know actually if i am using them, because they were installed automatically after upgrading to confluence 4.1. As it seems they are from Customware, so i think another Customware Plugin we are using, installed all the RB-* Plugins automatically?

I will try do deactivate and wait if someone complains something not working. :D

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events