Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the recommended dimensions of the confluence gobal Logo for a) Version 4.3 and b) Version 5 ?

Felix Herzog March 3, 2013

Hi,

ask one get two answers! :)

In our company we have to keep on our CI. Our graphic designers have to make new logos for our Confluence. They ask for optimum size of the global logos.

As Confluence 4.3 is different from 5.x I ask for both recommended formats.

Thank you.

2 answers

2 votes
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2013

Felix,

I am doing a bit of diggig aroudn our documentation to see if I can find this answer, but am not having much luck yet. I did find the following document on space logos.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Changing+a+Space's+Logo

In the new version of Confluence it is possible to upload an image and programatically generate a space logo. We use now using circular images as opposed to square ones. Any upgrade of previous version of Confluence will automatically convert all previous space logos into this new circular format. You can use the reziser utility above to adjust any cropping on previous space logos.

I will continue to look for documentation on prescribed image sizes.

Andre van der Elst March 24, 2013

Hi Daniel,

is there a way to disable this circular formatting for logos ?

Is it a stylesheet trick that can easily be disabled ? It looks horrible on most space logos that were not circular to begin with.

see screenshots below.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2013

Hi Andre, there's an issue with information about that. It says why that change and how you can go to the original logo type with css.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-28275

Hope this helps.

0 votes

Thank you Ramiro, that fixes my problem.

@Atlassian, I mostly use the logos of companies we work for, most logos a rectangular instead of circular. I don't mind you trying out new things, but maybe you can do this stuff in a custom theme instead of making it default for everyone ?

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 24, 2013

Hi Andre, I think it would be better if you create a new question, it's difficult to pay attention to the request if it is inside other question.

Hi Ramiro, I agree. Looking at the Jira issue you linked to I think Atlassian paying attention is one of the problems we're having with all these changes.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events