What about global and private labels in Confluence?

Tobias Schramm August 2, 2017

When I try to add a label to a content page, where I can choose the type of label I want to add?

Some labels are marked as global and some are marked as private in different spaces. But where I can see the both options (if global or private) together? Do I have the choice to select a private or a global label only in a private space or on article, that is protected?

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2017

Hi Tobias,

Atlassian deprecated personal labels in Version 4.1:

(https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-4-1-upgrade-notes-264705286.html?_ga=2.214689170.448558304.1501487689-1221546829.1499255503#Confluence4.1UpgradeNotes-Personallabelsdeprecated)

They are still there, as far as I can see, but hidden and deprecated and can be gone with every new Confluence version, so I wouldn't use that feature anymore. 

If you really want, you can still create them and look at your own personal labels as described here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf56/viewing-personal-labels-658737029.html

Tobias Schramm August 16, 2017

Many thanks!

0 votes
Nicholas Wade November 24, 2022

2022 November.

Confused.com   Trying to work out what Global Labels refers to in the Page Information. The above answer seems to take me to some other kind of label that was deprecated some time ago? 

I'm assuming that the current Global Labels refers to a label (+Add label) that is added to a template and is therefore 'Global'?

Otherwise, is Global Labels just a left-over from way back when?

0 votes
John Corwith August 3, 2017

There are pages in our Confluence 5.9.5 that won't allow me to add labels, the error I get is something about only being able to add private labels. I assume these were ported from 4.1 with some sort of config that needs to be disabled. Any clue?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events