We lost out Application Navigator in the user's view

René van Schagen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 23, 2019

Hello everybody,

yesterday after a restart of our confluence server, we lost our application navigator.

Checking the admin-config, everything looks fine. JIRA and confluence are linked correctly in the application links and we see confluence and JIRA in the admin menu "application navigator".

Looking in JIRA, there is the application navigator available and we can switch to confluence.

Looking in confluence in the admin menu, we see the application navigator on the left side beside our logo. Closing the admin menue and returning to the user's views, the application navigator is gone, we only see our logo.

We tried everything we found here and in other communities. We deleted the applications links and created a new link, we restarted JIRA and confluence but nothing helped. It's is always the same result as I described above.

Did anyone have the same problem or perhaps any idea how to solve this? 

Thx a lot for your help and suggestions!

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2019

Hello René,

Thank you for contacting us about this. Please take a moment and confirm with us your Confluence Server version and database version.

Can you check your Administration > General Configuration > Application Navigator settings, and make sure that they are not set improperly? You can feel free to share the settings here with us.

Otherwise, I would recommend that you stop both Jira and Confluence completely, then start Jira, followed by Confluence. You'll want to keep an eye on the Confluence Server Application Logs upon startup, and see if anything fails when it's coming online.

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events