Watchers

Karoline Börjel December 3, 2019

We need to turn on watchers, however, the little eye is greyed out for all of us, including the admin. We can't find anywhere how to turn it on. I tried to search for the answer with no luck.

I just need to find where we turn the watcher feature on :) 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2019

Hi @Karoline Börjel 

If you create a page, can you watch your own page? If not, click on your Avatar (bottom left corner), then SETTINGS, then under Email check AutoWatch (Pages and blog posts that you create, edit or comment). 

On a brighter note I found this.... Manage Watchers 

Also see this post on how to permission watchers

Space admins can also manage watchers for that space by choosing Watch > Manage Watchers at the top-right of any page in the space.

Watchers.png

As a Space administrator one can manage watchers, and or watch a page or all content in a space. Ask your Admin to have a look at these solutions. 

Kind regards,

Mike

Karoline Börjel December 4, 2019

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your answer! 

I am not sure if I am even in the right space :D 

What I want (I used to have this when working in a different company that used Jira) is to be able to add watchers to a Jira. The little eye is greyed out for all of us,including admins. We've added that watchers can be handled by all in the project.

Watchers.PNG

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2019

Hi @Karoline Börjel 

Okay, so if I understand you correctly the 'watcher issue' is in Jira projects not Confluence. 

In that case, you need a person with site administration permissions to go into the Project Settings (left sidebar) of the project in question. From there select Permissions and depending on what scheme you are using to scroll down to the Voters & Watchers section and under Permission heading there is an option to Manage Watchers

There are two options:

1. Manage Watchers - you need to specify the Users, Groups or Project Roles.
  2. View Voters and Watchers - you need to specify the Users, Groups or Project Roles. 
    1. I notice there is an option on mine to give Application access (Any logged in user). 

Permissions - watchers.png

Your screenshot with the greyed out eye looks slightly different on my Jira Project, in that I don't have an eye visible - are you using Jira Cloud or Jira Server? 

The watching options on my Jira Projects appear on the cards themselves and in the three dot menu, but not as an eye. 
Watcher options.png

I hope that helps, else more screenshots of what you are in would be a great help. The more screenshot the better. 

- Mike

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events