It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Watchers + Distribution list

Hello,

Do you know if i have a method to add Distribution List (MS Exchange) as a watcher in order to notify a list of users?

Thank you.

Cedric

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough Community Leader Apr 02, 2014

A distribution list is not a user, and Jira has no knowledge of your mailserver setup, so no, not directly.

Most of us create a dummy user with read-only access and give it the email address of the list.

Sorry for resurrecting a very old thread, but does your response apply to Confluence as well? I ask for clarification because I can use distribution lists in confluence to set page restrictions, so it seems to know about my mailserver setup in that case. But distribution lists do not appear to be available to use as watchers. Thanks in advance.

Nic Brough Community Leader Oct 06, 2015

Nope, it only does users and groups there. You may well have the dummy users set up for distribution lists, or you're mixing up Confluence Groups with email Distribution lists. But the only options for page restrictions are users and groups.

Thank you :)

And how about this feature? https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-40582 Please vote!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence Server & Data Center 7.0 is here!

Hello Community 👋🏼 I’m Makisa, a product manager on Confluence Server and Data Center. Confluence Server & Data Center 7.0, our latest platform release, is now available and we wanted to shar...

165 views 0 11
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you