Watchers + Distribution list

Cedric DEVAUX April 2, 2014

Hello,

Do you know if i have a method to add Distribution List (MS Exchange) as a watcher in order to notify a list of users?

Thank you.

Cedric

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2014

A distribution list is not a user, and Jira has no knowledge of your mailserver setup, so no, not directly.

Most of us create a dummy user with read-only access and give it the email address of the list.

John Lorz October 6, 2015

Sorry for resurrecting a very old thread, but does your response apply to Confluence as well? I ask for clarification because I can use distribution lists in confluence to set page restrictions, so it seems to know about my mailserver setup in that case. But distribution lists do not appear to be available to use as watchers. Thanks in advance.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2015

Nope, it only does users and groups there. You may well have the dummy users set up for distribution lists, or you're mixing up Confluence Groups with email Distribution lists. But the only options for page restrictions are users and groups.

0 votes
Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2016

And how about this feature? https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-40582 Please vote!

0 votes
Cedric DEVAUX April 3, 2014

Thank you :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events