Viewing Visio in Confluence?

Mick Davidson December 3, 2012

Morning,

Is it possible to view Visio files that are page attachements in Confluence (in the same way that you might view a slideshow etc)?

A colleague thought that it was possible in the past, but if he tries it now, instead of the file opening, it is downloaded instead.

I know there is a Visio plugin and shall be investigating that.

Cheers.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stefan Kleineikenscheidt _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2012

Not exactly what you are asking for, but Gliffy Enterprise comes with a Visio importer and let's you edit diagrams online: http://www.gliffy.com/products/confluence-plugin/enterprise-edition/

Stefan,

thanks. We have Gliffy V5, but it doesn't import Visio files, only:

Even when we've added a visio file to a page it still won't import it into Gliffy. Our files are saved as .vsd and vdx. However, I get the following when trying to import either file type:

The file type is not supported for importing: vdx

Looking in the Gliffy user info, they say that it can import .vdx files, but this option doesn't appear in the Import menu. And according to a conversation trail this is supposed to be WIP, but I can't tell what's happening with it.

Cheers.

Like RitchieLiu likes this
Keith Rockhold
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2013

Hi Mick,

The Enterprise version of Gliffy will import Visio files. If you would like to try it out send us an email at support@gliffy.com and we'll send you a license key for it.

Keith Rockhold
Developer
keith@gliffy.com

Gliffy Inc.
PO Box 7775 #35255
San Francisco, CA, 94120-7775

877-2-Gliffy (877-245-4339)

Stay current with Gliffy, sign up for the Gliffy Newsletter
http://www.gliffy.com/newsletter

Like DHL JiraSync likes this
0 votes
Olivia Camp May 29, 2019

I know an offline diagramming tool Edraw Max can also open and view Visio vsdx or vsd files on Windows, Mac and Linux. However, if you want to edit your files, then you need to pay the licensed version. It is free to download and you can have a try.

0 votes
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 25, 2013

Hi Mick,

Just to let you know, that I opened a feature request on this case:

* https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-27877

Please add yourself as watcher to receive updates on this matter.

Cheers,

WZ

Edwin Goddard August 13, 2018

The Server ticket has a status of not being considerd, but the cloud one is still open:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-27877

michael sam June 5, 2020

I there way to import visio from giphy.

I have tried several times to Import data everything goes well until I hit publish and get a blank drawing

My visio file name is, example 2 vision save type visio drawing

The data from the visio file  is not transferring to a view mode in confluence

Am I naming something wrong?

Even when i upload the file directly as an attachment I need to download before i can view it i cant preview first

we work with a lot of visio diagrams and would like to have the ability to import them directly from the visio file and view vice having to save to word or as an image

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 3, 2012

Hey,

Actually there's a third party plugin that can do that: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.swift.confluence.visio

It's a Visio Plugin for Confluence by Bob Swift.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

WZ

William,

Thanks, we must have pressed Sve at the same time!

I saw that info, and have written to Gliffy about it. However, the beta test info was a year old and there didn't seem to be any updates on it.

When I get a response from Gliffy I'll post it here.

Cheers.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 3, 2012

Hey Mick,

Check my last comment, actually there's a plugin that can do it. Try that before going to Gliffy. :)

Cheers,

WZ

Oops! Sorry William, thanks, I'll have a look. Cheers.

Mick Davidson December 9, 2012

William,

We already have Gliffy, and I'm not sure how mich we'll need the Visio plugin. Not a lot as far as I can see, but it'd be handy to be able to do this. I've been talking Stefan from Gliffy about this now.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events