View perforce files in confluence

Karan Sehgal January 23, 2020

Hello,

I have a requirement to have the ability view content of files stored in perforce repository on a confluence page. 

There are plugins that enable viewing google drive or sharepoint files in confluence. However I don't see any plugin that enables viewing perforce files in confluence.

Is there any way to achieve this?

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2020

Dear @Karan Sehgal ,

do you just want to make them visible or with interaction in confluence?

So long

Thomas

Karan Sehgal January 28, 2020

Hello @Thomas Deiler 

Interaction will be good. However for now I just want to be able to view the file content in confluence. 

Thanks,

Karan

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2020

Dear @Karan Sehgal ,

I doubt that there is a solution to buy. Just Displaying the files (in tree format) with links could be realized with some scripts that push information inside Confluence by Rest API calls. But duplicating data by coping the file content inside one confluence page, doesn't make really sense.

So long

Thomas

Karan Sehgal January 30, 2020

Hello @Thomas Deiler ,

We want confluence to be just render the files from perforce. We don't want a duplicate copy created in confluence. 

We did develop a custom plugin that invokes a service that read the excel file from perforce and translates it into a formatted html string which is returned to the plugin and displayed on the confluence page. 

However this approach doesn't work for excel sheets having charts and images. 

I was wondering if there is a OOTB plugin component that can be used to directly render excel files instead of translating those into HTML strings. 

Thanks,

Karan

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 30, 2020

Dear @Karan Sehgal ,

I doubt, that there is an existing solution for rendering Excel files from perforce and displaying them in Confluence. You need to implement this on your own.

Sorry, that I cannot help further.

Thomas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events