View access to the one page only

Sergey L August 1, 2013

How to give access to one page only in Space?

For an example, here is a pages structure:

I want to give access to "Parent 2 -> Child 3", so confluence user will view only "Child 3" page and all childs of this page ("Child-Child 3")

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2013

Actually I'm not sure how this is being handled now but some time ago you had to open up the space to anyone (well, or a group the desired user is part of) and restrict all the other pages. In your case you'd have to restrict parent 1 and parent 3. I would guess that you'd have to open parent 2, since this page has to be visible in order to show the sub-pages...

1 vote
Christina Schantin [Communardo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2013

Hi Sergey, that will not be possible with confluence. For the reason that a user can see page "child 3" it is necessary to give them viewing permissions for the space and for page "parent 2".

The permission scheme of confluence allow only to constraint permissions.

The only way to restrict this page is to move it in the hierarchy.

1 vote
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 1, 2013

Sergey,

Won't they have to have access to the space to be able to see that page? If so, then you'd have to set the permissions for all the pages that you didn't want them to see so that they can't see them. Which would be a very long-winded task. Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events