Version Function in Confluence

Corinna March 18, 2016

Hello, i heard that in Confluence you can easily manage the versioning of a Document. How does this work and how does it work with attached files ? They do no more need a different configuration name than ? Befor uploading them...how can i add versions of my table with data which I created in Confluence itsself ?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2016

Every page you edit is a new version, and there's a full history of every change (unless you deliberately delete)

Every attachment you upload gets a version too, as long as the file name is the same.  It's simple versioning (no branching or other clever structures, just file v1, v2, v3 etc), but it's all you need for attachments.

0 votes
Corinna March 18, 2016

Thanks and I see you can have this version information in the back of Confluence but also put it on the page itsself ?! So everybody can see it

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2016

How would you want this displayed? What do other people do with this information?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events