Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using template variables

sternpost December 22, 2020

Hello!

I put in top of template "my var1 = $myvar1". Then when i need using this variable in template's text on page i just print "$myvar1" and it highlight with green color.

It confuses me that when creating a page from a template, the Page Template Wizard in step 2 displays as many input fields for the value of the variable as it appears in the text. Yes, duplicate ones are filled in parallel, but I would like to set it once and that's it.

Am i right using template variable?

2 answers

0 votes
Stephan Sutter December 22, 2020

Hi @sternpost 

Our Confluence App Page Tree Creator shows the value only once per creation, even the value is used in different pages within the page tree.

You can find the Page Tree Creator on the Marketplace.

Regards,
Stephan (PM of EPS Software Engineering AG, the vendor of the Page Tree Creator)

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2020

Unfortunately, there is no way to only have it show once in the wizard. However it will fill the same value for each instance of that template variable.

If you want to to do it the way you are wanting you would need to create a blueprint instead of a template.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events