Using modified:[date TO date] to search a subset of pages fails

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2014

Hello,

We're using 5.4.3 download.

I've been using:

• modified:[20110101 TO 20131031]

to search for content modified between those dates and want to have it search a specific group of pages within a space only.

So I've added a seach field to the top page in the group and run the search. However, the results are for the whole space, not just the ones I'm interested in. Why is this?

If I run a search for a word or a phrase from the same field, I only get results for that group of pages.

This seems like a bug to me, but what do other people think?

Cheers.

1 answer

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2014

If you use the page tree search macro it will let you specify the root of the search in one of the macro parameters. If you leave it blank it will assume the current page is the root. You can also explicitly state this in a search using this syntax. Where the ????? is the id of the page. That is all the page tree search macro does ... it adds in the id of the page that is the root into the search string.

Search string
ancestorIds:????? AND modified:[20110101 TO 20131031]

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events