Users with 'view' space permission do not see additions to page

Background: there are no page restrictions applied and the users in question only have 'view' checked in permissions for this space.

When they go to the space home page, there is content missing (it is an additional rhs section with links). We now know that on most if not all pages they are unable to see quite a few changes whether they were made days ago or last month.When they go to page history the version is correct but the additional content isn't there. If I give 'add page' permission then they can view everything as normal, but as this is a space which needs tight content control I don't want to do that.

Any suggestions?

1 answer

0 vote
Steven Behnke Community Champion Feb 09, 2015

You are going to need to clarify a bit I'm afraid. It sounds like these users are only given BROWSE permissions, correct? What is "an additional rhs section with links"? What permissions are you giving them when it works? Specifically?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

899 views 23 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you