User not receiving email notifications - Confluence Space

Vivian Escalante January 24, 2018

Hello, 

Watchers of my space are not receiving email notifications when other users create a new blog or a new page. I have added them as Watchers of the space and have given them full access under the Permissions page. Any ideas why they don't receive email notifications? 

The only email they receive is if someone comments on the blog post. 

Also, I have tested the mail server and it does send the test email. 

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 25, 2018

Hi Vivian,

I understand your instance sends email successfully when you do the test or someone comments on a blog post on your space, but new pages and new blogs added to your space are not generating emails.

Please let me know:

• Has anything changed recently for users' emails or the email server?
  • Did it ever work before?
  • Are watchers of other spaces getting emails from newly added pages and blog posts?
  • Have the users checked in the spam or trash folders in their inbox to see if these emails could be getting lost?

Please go to your Mail Queue in the admin panel and check both the Mail Queue and the Error Queue and see if you have any items in either list.

Please make sure the "Confluence Content Notification" plugin is fully enabled:

1. Go to Cog > General Administration > Manage Add-ons
  2. Choose "System Plugins" from the drop down list
  3. Find and click "Confluence Content Notification" plugin
  4. Check if 106 of 106 modules are enabled especially:
    page-created-notification
    page-edited-notification
    page-moved-notification
    page-trashed-notification

Lastly, if everything is set correctly, please enable Debug Logging for email related classes:
1 - In Confluence go to Cog > General Administration > Logging and Profiling
2 - Change the following to DEBUG (add classes as necessary if they are not present in the existing list):
com.atlassian.confluence.mail
com.atlassian.confluence.jmx
3 - Save, and after enabling this logging, recreate the issue with the e-mail.
4 - Check the log at: <confluence_home>/logs/atlassian-confluence.log to see if any errors are recorded that could give us more insight.
Note: The <confluence_home> directory is the path defined in the following file: <confluence_install>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties

I look forward to hearing what you find.

Thanks,

Ann

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events