It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Use Numbered Column with table header

Is there a way to use the Numbered Column feature but with the numbers starting at a certain point down the table? My use case is simple, I have a table with headers for each column (as every table that's ever been created has had) and I want my numbers to start on row 2. Currently, either my headers become item #1 OR i need a separate table above my table just for the headers, which doesn't work well for many obvious reasons.

any ideas?

1 answer

Hi @Paul chumak

One simple way of starting auto-numbering from row 2 is marking the row 1 as heading in addition the original header row you have. You may have observed it already that auto-numbering starts from the row right below the header.

I hope this is what you were looking for! If you meant you wanted row 1 (after the header) to look like normal row (without the background color like the header) and start numbering from row 2, I am not sure if Confluence would let you do that without additional scripts. 

Also, in case you want the numbering to discontinue at a certain row and continue further, mark that specific row as well as a header. You notice that the numbering continues after this row. (Not sure if you need this at all :) Just letting you know).

Thanks

Sireesha

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

333 views 9 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you