Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Numbered Column with table header

Paul chumak August 14, 2019

Is there a way to use the Numbered Column feature but with the numbers starting at a certain point down the table? My use case is simple, I have a table with headers for each column (as every table that's ever been created has had) and I want my numbers to start on row 2. Currently, either my headers become item #1 OR i need a separate table above my table just for the headers, which doesn't work well for many obvious reasons.

any ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
Sireesha Dugginapeddi [Appfire]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2019

Hi @Paul chumak

One simple way of starting auto-numbering from row 2 is marking the row 1 as heading in addition the original header row you have. You may have observed it already that auto-numbering starts from the row right below the header.

I hope this is what you were looking for! If you meant you wanted row 1 (after the header) to look like normal row (without the background color like the header) and start numbering from row 2, I am not sure if Confluence would let you do that without additional scripts. 

Also, in case you want the numbering to discontinue at a certain row and continue further, mark that specific row as well as a header. You notice that the numbering continues after this row. (Not sure if you need this at all :) Just letting you know).

Thanks

Sireesha

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events