Upgrading from 3.5.7 to 4.2 issue

Rayone Moyer October 10, 2012

we upgraded our test server to 4.2. when we did that all our home space pages are out of wack. We have custom layouts for this that are global across all spaces so they are all out of wack. In 3.5.7 we customized the page layout in admin. So wondering if its reading the code different in 4.2? The programmer who did it is no longer with the company so we are trying to figure out how to fix it. we have panels and columns in each space and they are all shifted to the left. we have a right side bar that is not showing up at all. Is there a way to fix this? I can copy in some of the code if that will help someone answer this. I am not an expert coder but have been working with confluence for the last serveral years so can hopefully answer any questions you might have to be able to help.

Thanks

3 answers

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2012

If you're talking about the velocity templates, you should get the diffs with the version of confluence you had, reset them, then reapply them.

See these two links:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Upgrading+Customised+Site+and+Space+Layouts

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/85673/customising-confluence-velocity-layouts-should-it-be-allowed

Rayone Moyer October 29, 2012

thank you I will try these and see if that works.

Rayone Moyer October 31, 2012

So I copied our layouts for the site layouts-main layout. then the contents layout - page layout. And set everything back to default , then create custom and copied them back in and now I have it worse. the right side bar went to the bottom and goes across the page.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2012

You don't copy them back in, you need to reapply the diffs from the original. Will be a lot of work but personally I think this is safer to do with javascript in a plugin, that's how I'm making changes like this going forward.

0 votes
Rayone Moyer October 16, 2012

We are using one theme across all spaces. I am attaching a sceen shot of what it looks like versus what it should look like. we have a custom page layout for all spaces

0 votes
CharlesH
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 11, 2012
It might be helpful to know if your spaces were using 1 particular space theme. Is the missing right side bar part of the Documentation theme, or some custom element in the page?
Rayone Moyer October 25, 2012

The right side bar is part of the custome elements we added into the layout.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events