Upgrading Confluence from 5.3.1 to 5.7

Marina Lebedeva July 23, 2015

We are planning an upgrade from 5.3.1 to 5.7. Some core add-ons are not yet marked as compatible with newer Confluence version. Should we expect any problems with them? The list is like: Chart Plugin, Confluence Mobile Plugin, IM Presence NG, User Lister, Widget Connector

2 answers

1 vote
JenniferC July 26, 2015

I wouldn't worry about system plugins, which the ones you have listed are. Unless Atlassian have specifically said in their release notes that a plugin is being deprecated, the versions of those plugins that are bundled with the new instance will be compatible.

I'm not sure where you are seeing that information, I have 5.8 running here with those plugins there and no complaints about incompatibility.

Alexander is right of course. You definitely must perform a staging upgrade first!

1 vote
Alexander Schätzle July 24, 2015

My recommendation is to set up a test instance where you can import certain spaces, which are using espacially this add-ons.

My experience is, that sometimes even if an add-on is declared as not compatible, it still is working on a non compatible version. But I would not do an upgrade until I did it on a second instance....

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events